BMW has revealed prices and specifications for its new X5 SUV and will begin to take orders this month!
The car which has previously made sales, said to be exceeding 2.2 million units since 1999, has been redesigned and described as ‘bigger and better than ever before’. At the launch, the X5 is displayed with two diesel engines and a petrol. The 3.0 litre diesel due to be coming in as the most efficient and cheapest. BMW have promised fuel consumption of 47.1mph with CO2 emissions of 158g/km.
But what’s different?
- X5 xDrive40i, has a 340PS engine will allow acceleration from 0-60mph in just 6.5 seconds at £58,100
- The xDrive40i on the other hand will use a 3/0 litre petrol engine, giving 0-60mph in 5.5 seconds at £56.710
- The top of the range M50d with a tuned version of the 3.0 litre diesel engine will bring 400ps and hit 60mph in just 5.2 seconds at £70,690
All models will come with a replenished version of their eight-speed automatic gearbox and redesigned all-wheel-drive system that will provide a stronger rear-base in order to improve drivability.
And as if BMW couldn’t do anymore, they are also going to be offering:
- ‘off-road’ package, for the first time on an X5
- The option to add the all new ‘Driving Assistant Professional’, which will include; Active cruise control, stop & go along with stop & start functions
- Speed restriction incorporations
- Steering and lane control
- 12.3 inch displays
- iDrive system
(source information: www.am-online.com | www.bmw.co.uk | www.baronsgroup.co.uk | www.whatcar.com)